By Mazz

hi, i have not grown anything all year in my garden boxes or greenhouse, (due to work commitments) what can i grow at this time of year or have i left it too late

Radish, milan turnip, Spring cabbage, endive, khol rabi, carrots (they will not grow huge but will still be good, lettuce, parsley, Swiss chard, salad leaves, Chinese greens, runner beans if you get them in pretty sharpish, if you can find brassica seedlings in a nursery those can go in too.

Broad beans can be sown in October, as can sweet peas. I'm going to plant some aquilegia seeds I was given from the front of a magazine ASAP.

Depends where Mazz lives whether broad beans will survive over winter - certainly not in the north of Scotland!

Winter flowering pansies, variegated ivy, primulas for the spring will be available soon. Good for containers in winter.

thank you for all your answers guys, i have started to grow some tomatoes and peppers from seeds they have tiny shoots on already, feel very proud of my self x