Is bonemeal used when planting a rose?

If I remember correctly, it can be used with roses. I would have to check as I still have the tags in the garden by my roses, as they are only young.

If I remeber corectly though it did say mix in bonemeal. It usually says on the tag with the pot.

You can use if it you like, or if you have it already - if you don't have it already, don't waste your money, buy Fish Blood and Bone instead.

Bamboo, what is the difference between Fish, Blood and Bone and Bonemeal?...I keep meaning to look it up!

The fish and blood element break down much quicker and so are more readily available for the plants to make use of - bonemeal takes years and years and years and breaks down very, very slowly and from what I gathered during my training (to my shock, read my blog "On Bonemeal") its not much use to anything, but is a useful way of getting rid of bone.

Ah! ....Thanks for that! My dad always used to use bonemeal...and I hated the smell as a child! I have been buying Fish, Blood and Bone for a long time now....glad I did! Interesting blog, Bamboo!

I suppose bonemeal is used for long term plants that will be neding its nutrients for years.

« How to get rid of Hypericum?