Buds dropping off passion flower

By Brynh

The buds on our Passion Flower are dropping off instead of flowering. Any ideas why?

On plant Passiflora caerulea

Hello Brynh
Did you give it a good feed earlier in the spring because this sounds like a deficiency of some kind.
Have a look at my pictures
Hope this helps
Best Wishes

Thanks for response. Its a new plant growing vigorously. Bought in spring. Its in a container and I'm feeding weekly with tomato feed.

Containers are ok for marketing the products but you really should find a place and give it the freedom it requires when i purchased mine five years ago they were in a little basket and the runners were wrapped around its handle..................
i soon removed the packing and the plastic sleeve around its roots and well the rest is history...
Set it free is my advice
Best Wishes

Do you have parrots in your garden? They are very destructive and love just snapping off buds. This often happened to my roses. Maybe you have no parrots but other birds. It is not always a lack of something or the plant doing it. Better investigate.

• passion flower (Passiflora caerulea (Passion flower))
  • Passion Flower (Passiflora caerulea (Passion Flower))
  • Passion flower out at last! (Passiflora caerulea (Passion flower))
  • Passiflora Caerulea (Passiflora caerulea (Passion flower))