Hi, can anyone of you gardening gurus identify this ?

it looks like sisyrinchium to me

Yes, it is. Lovely plant. I've always wanted to have some and plant it with something true blue because that looked so great in a garden I visited.

Yup we have the yellow and the blue

yes - it is Sisyrinchium striatum 'Aunt May' (Pale yellow-eyed grass 'Aunt May'). But I wouldn't call myself a guru, lol

I agree, Sisyrinchium. Lovely plant, and the flower is so beautiful. Watch out in the cold weather tho', lost mine last winter.

We have blue, white, cream, small yellow ones and this which is another great self seeder. It is not the Auntie May form by the way, that has variegated leaves.

definately sisyrinchium,

Thanks. In the same spot last year I had ragwort growing there which I got rid of, & this has magicly appeared in it's place. Go figure............
Having said that I have a couple of trees / shrubs that have also just planted themselves with out any help from me. I must have fertile soil!

when the flowers are dry, i would'nt mind a few of the seeds if possible, i will pay for postage.

Steve we'd be happy to send you seed.

many thanks MG, let me know when they are ready..8-)

Okay pm we you address please