Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire border, England Eng

can you tell me what this plant is called.

036

Answers

It looks like a Globeflower, 'Trollius europus'.

Blimey that was quick. Thank you Bulbaholic. I have no idea where it came from. It just popped up in the border.

My thought too Bulbaholic.....mine is just starting to open too.....

That's mine - how did you get it ? In other words mine failed to survive the Winter !

I haven't a clue where this one came from. A kind bird must have decided I needed it more than you Shirley. Sorry you lost yours though.

isnt it a buttercup weed,ive just spent all day pulling these out

Ladybug - I'm sure they're of the same family Ranunculaceae, Buttercups included. Shame if you've pulled them all out. : o ( (

Definitely not buttercups, Ladybug. lol. Ranunculus is ringing a bell Shirley. I am sure I have put some of them in the garden at some point but I cant remember when or where. It must be over 2 years ago. We have moved a lot of plants and soil around this spring so maybe they like it here as apposed to where they were and have decided to flower.