West Yorkshire, United Kingdom Gb

wot kind of colour shurbs can you put in your garden boder

Asked from the GoYpedia back garden ideas page

It depends on a) whether it's sunny or in the shade,
b) your soil, is it acidic or alkaline,
c) do you prefer evergreen or deciduous shrubs and d) do you want flowering shrubs,

You also have to cosider your site - if it's sheltered or exposed.

I suggest that firstly, you browse the shrubs in members' gardens and in the GOYpedia pages below, then borrow a copy of Dr, Hessayon's book on 'Shrubs and Trees' from your local library. That will give you lots of ideas.

Hello, really you need to give us more information about your garden such as is it shady, sunny, dry or wet, soil type, its uses (children) how much work you want to put into your garden, what you like etc. Lots of ideas on the Goypeadia pages too why not join and put a pic of your garden on the question then you will get some great ideas/hints that suit your needs. Sorry Spritz posted at the same time.

aubrica grows in ours

That's OK, Denise - at least we agreed! lol.

Charlotte - welcome to GOY. Did you mean aubrieta? I think that this guest wants ideas for shrubs.

• A garden flower photo
  • Roses inherited from my mother ...
  • summer flowers
  • Garden