Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom Gb

when is the correct time to feed camellias and the best food

Asked from the GoYpedia camellias page

Now, I'm no expert and I am not sure if this advice is 'kosher', but as Camellias are ericaceous (acid loving plants), I feed them with the same stuff I use on the rhododendrons and azaleas. This time of year and lightly fork it in to the soil around the roots. Hope that helps.....

We never feed ours... seems perfectly happy :-)

Dont feed ours, only tea (cold) in summer months, keeps them healthy and a little peat ?or ericaceous compost dug around the roots every now and again....

I do not worry about feeding too much , unless I see some leaves going yellow. In our garden this means they need a feed. I use rain water and liquid feed made from a powder. From July-september, especially if it is dry, I put some feed into some of the watering to help them bud up for next season. Some people will have ideal soil for camellias and the leaves may not go yellow. If you study the packages in the shop you can decide whether you want to dry or wet feed with ericaceous feed on price or ease of use. Directions for feeding frequency, if you decde to feed ,are on the package.

• Camellia - Margaret Davis picote
  • White camellia 'Nobilissima' (Camellia japonica (Camellia))
  • Camellia
  • Mum's Camellia (Camellia japonica (Camellia))