Newfoundland, Canada Ca

are the Amaryillis plants safe for cats?

Yes they are here is a link for you hope it helps

3 Dec, 2009

Also, from the ASPCA website.

Additional Common Names: Many, including: Belladonna lily, Saint Joseph lily, Cape Belladonna, Naked Lady

Scientific Name: Amaryllis sp.

Family: Amaryllidaceae

Toxicity: Toxic to Cats, Toxic to Dogs

Toxic Principles: Lycorine and others

Clinical Signs: vomiting, depression, diarrhea, abdominal pain, hypersalivation, anorexia, tremors.

4 Dec, 2009

Most indoor bulbs are toxic to animals - and humans too.

4 Dec, 2009

my friend's cat was ill,and the vet asked if she had an orchid.She had one bought for her birthday,and was told to get rid of it,which she did,and Boris is fine again.I had never heard of this,but thought the cat owners on here might be interested.The symptons were typical of asthma.Maybe,like people,he was just susceptible to it.

4 Dec, 2009

Some cats will chew on the leaves of plants - we have had several plants wreaked that way lol, so long as you know that they are not toxic it isn't a problem. I think that the cat that reacted to the orchid had an allergy. We've got several orchids and our two girls are fine.

4 Dec, 2009

Thats probably it MG.I will let my friend know.She was so worried about him,as he is elderly,but was also upset to get rid of the orchid,but it went to a plant lover,so alls well that ends well.:o))

4 Dec, 2009

« Deppea splendens anybody know anything