mesembryanthenum care

I don't think they need anything special as they thrive in poor conditions. They do however need very dry spot. I have one in a large pot that I insert into an urn. I like them as they remind me of a favourite spot, Moelva, Anglesea, North Wales. sorry about the spelling. I will over-winter mine in the GH so as not to alow them to get cold and wet.

I have never managed to over winter them and just treta themas an annual. They also have to be in full sun. they open in sun and stay closed on a cloudy day.

Do they survive the winter in the greenhouse Heron? Seaburngirl....have always treated them as annuals. Do they flower well in subsequent years (having overwintered)??

It's such a big plant, still flowering. No it probably wont survive but with the warmer weather I thought I'd try.

I have always thought of them as annuals too.

And with the Botanists messing about with them, the annual ones are probably not even called Mesambreanthemum any more. I actually have a very old book somewhere on the whole genus as it used to be.

« do pepper plants die in the winter