Hereford, United Kingdom Gb

Hi again all, ive got a couple of pumpkin plants with about 14 pumpkins in total,there getting quite big now and i was wondering when the right time to pick them would be? thanks for any info

Well I'm no expert on veggies, as you know, but I do know they're in the shops now and halloween is almost upon us, so I'd have thought any time from now on.

brilliant,thankyou bamboo,never actually looked at it like that lol

Good to see you back FG

x x x

cheers mookins :-)

Pick them now. The nights are getting colder so they will not ripen much more. The leaves are probably already looking limp. Cut them with some stem and don't lift them by the stem.

thanks heather, i picked them today,left a few little ones to see how they do,although the ones i picked though big are quite yellowish, are they still ok to eat like this or will they need to ripen more? thanks for any info

Yes you can eat them now. However, to store them, it would be good if you could keep them in a dry airy place to let the skins harden up.

• Heligan Harvest
  • pumpkin from Summer (Cucurbita pepo (Courgette))
  • Happy Halloween
  • To be carved... or not to be carved?