can anyone name this plant for me

Gloucestershire, United Kingdom Gb

I've tried the net found some looka likes but so far no luck I know when I get the name there will be thousands of them out there but for me at this time it's the only one in the world.

I have no idea what this is, but I'd like to know too - I've never seen anything like it, very unusual.

Looks vicious.

Not vicious, those spikes are quite soft really. It's a Caralluma. Let me investigate which species, there are a few of these stem succulents related to Stapelia.

Looks like Caralluma deflersiana.

Good site for all things Stapeliad here:

I was so hoping you'd see this Q, Fractal - if anyone knew what it was, it'd be you. I really like the look of this plant.

Thanks Bamboo, you obviously have sussed me out as the lover of all things different! Lol.

Not to mention change, Fractal - this must be the fifth or sixth avatar change...

Hi Fractal....You are the new avatar...:>)

Thanks all for your time must check out the http: from Fractal when I have time, right now I 've gotta go and print that name tag.