My gorgeous mum's legacy

I lost my beautiful mama (12/07) and she was an amazing horticulturist with a beautiful eye for design. I've just discovered some agapantha seeds. They're hybrid and blue hagbourne - 2007. You can imagine that I would more than love to see them grow. Please advise what I should do? x

On plant dicsonia

First, let me just say sorry for your loss.
With regard to the seeds, I have as yet no information on growing agapanthus from seed - hopefully someone else will give some info on this, but I will do a bit of research and get back to you if I find out anything useful.

If you google 'agapanthus seed propagation' you get loads of options for information, including one with the RHS - you might have to trawl through a bit, but I'm sure you'll find the answer you're looking for. Not sure what Hagborne is - I've heard of Headbourne hybrids.

I have an agapanthus in a large pot and some seed has fallen and germinated in the compost with no input from me . so yes they do germinate. as your seed is a little older you may find they are a bit stubborn. but i am sure your 'heritage' plants will bloom for you. what a lovely memory of your mum they will provide.

• Agapanthus or African Lily
  • Agapanthus (Agapanthus africanus (African blue lily))
  • garden_2010_194.jpg
  • Agapanthus