What's this plant? 6

By Pip_c

Southern Sydney, NSW, Australia Au

I think it might be a Pittosporum or a Privet, not sure

Can we have a closer look at the leaves?

There you go...a closer look at the leaves.

Looks like camellia to me too

And definitely not pittosporum or privet! I assume you had a different pic up before, which I've missed?

Yes, Bamboo, I did. It might be a camellia but I've never seen it flower, although I have seen little red berries on it and yellow things, not quite sure what they are. Now you've all had a close look at the leaves I'll put the original pic back up again.

Yellow things. What sort of yellow things, and do they precede the berries? are they catkin like, flower like? It'll probably turn out to be some native tree that we'll never guess in a million years...

Yellow things... kind of look like berries but a little larger and squashed in the middle, kind of like very, very tiny capsicums. Haven't seen any for a while, can't remember the exact look of them

THanks for your comments all, hope one day I'll solve the Mystery of the Unidentifiable Tree...

« Is it some kind of Juniper?