What's this plant? 5

By Pip_c

Southern Sydney, NSW, Australia Au

It used to be indoors but started to die so we moved it outside and now it's doing fine

Looks like a rubber plant, but hard to say, does it have a woody stem?

is it the marantia 'prayer plant'?
the veining 'pleating' doesnt look typical of a rubber plant, well not like the one i've got.

No, Bamboo, it doesn't really have a stem, it's more sheathing

Not rubber plant then, and Seaburn's right about the appearance of the leaves not being typical of one anyway, they also don't look thick enough. not sure what it is I'm afraid

Could it be Ficus lyrata?

Just had a look on google images Bamboo it looks a lot like Ficus lyrata but not exactly the same, I'm afraid

IS it a Spathiphyllum or a Calathea?

I doubt it, well, not any of the varieties I know about or have in my book, anyway, Calathea usually has patterned leaves of some kind, and Spathyphyllum has much narrower, smaller leaves.

Just found a tag buried under the soil in the pot Bamboo IT IS A SPATHIPHYLLUM! Thank goodness I finally found out... :-)

B....y hell - I've got a spathyfillum and it looks nothing like this, much narrower leaves and only gets to about 10 inches. Does it say which variety it is?

Apparently it's "Sensation Junior".

Well you learn something every day - thanks, Pip.

That's OK Bamboo, thanks for all your help