By Lijemc

London, United Kingdom Gb

I wanted to mow the grass one last time this year, but in the last few days the lawn has seemed a bit muddy (although not too much) but your footprint is left after walking on it. If I mow it now will it damage the grass?

This week, my lawns were a bit muddy, but I mowed them anyway, and my neighbour did the same. Grass seems okay afterwards.

Unless the ground is squelchy, the grass can cope with a mow. Set the blades high.
I hope this helps.

I cut mine last week. The mower was 'skidding' a bit but the grass will recover. Looked fine the next day

I agree, mine needs another cut I am hoping for a dry day soon! Then hopefully it will last till January.

I cut mine if it needs it unless it is waterlogged (hardly ever) or frosty. It always seems ok.

I think our lawn needs one more cut when our garden helper gets over his latest cruising trip. If it doesn't get shortened this time of the year and it continues mild it will get to look lump aand neglected.

Thank-you everyone, you have all been very helpful. As long as it's not raining I'll will be cutting the grass this weekend.