By Malboy

When is the best time to sow out aguileger seeds from this years crop

welcome to GoY.
you can scatter them in situ now and let nature take its course or you can sow them in a pot now and leave outside where it will get watered. once they have germinated [this may not be until spring so be patient]wait until they are at the 4 leaf stage and pot up into individual 3" pots. next spring plant out into final positions.

Fresh seed germinates far better than stored seed.

You'll get a far better germination if you leave it to nature! Just leave the plant to scatter the seed - then watch for seedling round about. I usually leave them to get themselves through the winter - then move them to where I want them but you can of course pot them up and overwinter somewhere safe outside. As Owdboggy says - the fresher the better!!

I have some specific varieties to sow and don't want them mixed up as they would be outside. My book says to sow in autumn, so I think I'll do mine in treys next month.

Absolutely right, Sid. Get them going ASAP and with any luck you can get them safely into a wee sheltered bit for overwintering as tiny plants ready for next year. They really are very adaptable things.