By Beardie

Why are the flowers on our wisteria turning white when they were originally blue?

Hi Beardie welcome to goy hope you enjoy the site you ll get lots of advice great and otherwise and often a laugh so hope you stick with it.Re your wisteria depends on age and variety you have.There is a white variety of wisteria (floribunda alba) that as a young plant has bluish flowers that mature to pure white.The sepals inside common wisteria are pale and flowers appear lighter as they open up.If you can submit a pic there will be someone who can help.

Thanks but I'm sure I bought a plant that was advertised as a blue one.Is it possible that it could be white because we haven't pruned it.?It has masses of leaves and did not have many flowers considering the amount of leaves it has.Also we aren't sure how much to prune it when the time is right

• Wisteria_Blickling_Hall_2.jpg
  • Broom and Wisteria .
  • My lovely Wisteria (Wisteria floribunda'macrobotrys')
  • Wisteria ... hanging over my door