I got six shrubs given to me can I plant them out now i have a space for them

By Oldjam1

very hot at moment

On plant Caryopteris x clandonensis and leptospermum

Well you can, but I'd wait till it rains and the soil's a bit damp. If you really want to get them in straightaway, you can, but you must water the pots they're in first, then plant and run the hose round them in their holes, then back fill, don't tread it down initially, run the hose around them for ten minutes at the base of the plant, wetting all the soil you've just backfilled with, leave for 30 mins and then come back and firm the soil round the base of the plant. Water every day, at the base, at least half a gallon per plant.
Even if you wait to plant until it's a bit damp, you will have to water them regularly for a few weeks.

Well, can't add anything to what Bamboo has said.

Keeping them well watered is mega important until they 'take' in the soil.

Some parts of the UK have lots of heavy rain forecast for the next few days and also cooling down a bit so if you are in one of those regions and are desperate to plant them then you might be OK. And then follow the advice of the other replies.

As Bamboo says, you would be far better to wait. Shrubs and trees make most of their root growth during autumn and winter, so planting them now will really be putting them in a dry 'pot' in soil. I doubt you can soak the soil sufficiently to any depth to really get them going. If they are in very small pots, it would be a good idea to plant them into slightly larger pots for the summer but in general I find it's easier to look after things in pots than in the open soil, where they tend to get forgotten.

• Caryopteris x clandonensis 'White Surprise' (Caryopteris x clandonensis)
  • Caryopteris (Caryopteris x clandonensis 'Dark Knight' (Caryopteris))
  • Caryopteris Sterling Silver.. (Caryopteris x clandonensis Sterling Silver.)
  • Caryopteris 'Navy Blue' (Caryopteris x clandonensis (Caryopteris))