In our local paper they are reporting
its going to be the worst winter we have ever known.
Am fetching my Winter Pansies in from the greenhouse
with plant saucers, to keep on my long lounge window sill.
Fleece at the ready for everything else.
Cover ditto for my compost bin to keep the Brandling Worms warm.
Fetching a load of bedding, wood shavings and food for my Gerbils.
I remember the winters of 1947 and 1963, it went on for 6 weeks. Thousands emigrated to Australia.
They are saying this one will start in Mid October and go on until end of March.
Best to get well stocked up if you can.
Its that El Nino again.
- 15 Oct, 2015
- 0 likes
Previous post: Anyone living in the Peterborough area
Recent posts by dianebulley
- I have decided to be more systematic with plant feeding
20 Apr, 2017
- Thousands of people are suffering from Scalp Fungus.
31 Mar, 2017
- As we gently pot up tiny plants from the garden centre
26 Mar, 2017
- To use hoarded garden materials needs a plan.
14 Mar, 2017
- Good to have dry weather and the sun shining
7 Mar, 2017
- A car is connected to gardening, so here goes.
3 Mar, 2017