Tansy (Tanacetum vulgare.)
The feathery leaves of this wild plant are just poking through in odd places.
Keep an eye open for it on walks. Dig a piece up to take home in a small polythene bag. Plant in a pot for a year or so to get a good root on. Then plant out in your Rose Garden. It will get rid of Greenfly, saving money on sprays.
Dont plant it near grazing animals.
Seeds available for those who prefer this method.
- 5 Mar, 2012
- 1 like
Previous post: Does Apple wood burn or not ?
Next post: A helpful book.
Recent posts by dianebulley
- I have to replant all my Alpine plants and do it properly this time !
21 Feb, 2017
- I am interested in compiling a list of plant based remedies
19 Feb, 2017
- If you gave up on music as a child...............
11 Feb, 2017
- These words could apply to all our gardens.............
24 Jan, 2017
- A useful job for a winter afternoon.
11 Jan, 2017
- The top leaves on my Poinsettia are finally
5 Jan, 2017
Members who like this blog
Gardening with friends since
22 Oct, 2008