Yesterday I put my over winter (right species) Garlic
bulb Corms in on well horse manured ground, near the water butt – as they suffered in last year’s Spring drought here. Will maybe mulch them later on with
compost over shredded newspaper, to conserve moisture. Must remember to save this, and not put it out for the Recycling Lorry.
Also cut my first year Raspbery Canes down to 5" and moved them to above the Garlic bed. Was surprised how easy they were to dig up. They have lots of shoots on the roots so I should get a good crop next year.
Decided Raspberries keep well in the freezer, (better than Strawberries) and the plants dont take up much room, so will get another five tomorrow and increase production !
This is the time of year to do these jobs.
- 14 Nov, 2011
- 1 like
Previous post: Watch this !
Next post: Guess what ?
Recent posts by dianebulley
- To use hoarded garden materials needs a plan.
14 Mar, 2017
- Good to have dry weather and the sun shining
7 Mar, 2017
- A car is connected to gardening, so here goes.
3 Mar, 2017
- I have to replant all my Alpine plants and do it properly this time !
21 Feb, 2017
- I am interested in compiling a list of plant based remedies
19 Feb, 2017
- If you gave up on music as a child...............
11 Feb, 2017
Members who like this blog
Gardening with friends since
22 Oct, 2008