Gloucestershire, United Kingdom Gb

Could anyone throw some light on what is happening to my roses please...it seems the new growth of the second flush is curling up and disfiguring.Would this be as a result of the temperature? I have watered them most days
I'm wondering if it's rose rosette disease..

20200725_193950 20200725_194014 20200725_193542

Answers

Have you been spraying weedkiller near by? if yes it I is damage from that.
the rosette disease hasn't been confirmed in the UK yet though it is present in the USA and Canada
this is the defra site info.
https://planthealthportal.defra.gov.uk/assets/uploads/Rose-Rosette-Virus-information-note.pdf

Thank you SB..I used weed killer in the Spring but that was months ago...I will look at the defra website you have mentioned. Many thanks.

A bit more likely to be weed killer. Rosette doesn't cause the stems to curl into piggly wigglies like that. Maybe weed killer from the neighbors? Meadowland, does anyone help you to garden? Sometimes our loved onesare a little too helpful. :]

if ou used it back in the spring then that will have affected how these shoots developed. it doesn't really look like rosette virus as tug says its too curly wurly.

Thank you so much SB and Tug...the more I look at them the more I'm convinced it is fallout from the weedkiller spray.Your help is very appreciated. Tug,if anyone is to blame,it will be me...I'm the sole gardener!!