January rains are picking up speed.
I decided to write this after a thunderclap shook my house,rattled windows. Scared the bejeebees out of the cat.
Then followed the heavy rains for a few minutes. Thats how its been..not long last heavy rains. We are having no flooding. Rain, then stop..then rain again. Like the weather people say “This is just what we want- not all at one time”.
Snow pack is over average for the date..but not enough to stop the worries.
Still, only two non rainy days in the long range forecast- and that could be wrong.
Remember I said 1996-97 El Nino was just rains and cloudy weather day after day?..Getting to be like that again.
That year,we had more rain then Seattle. 38". During this drought we’ve had like 10" years.
- 15 Jan, 2016
- 0 likes
Previous post: A trip around the old neighborhood.
Recent posts by stan510
- Finally spring is here. 21c Busts out all over.
10 Mar, 2017
- Went for a walk at the local greenbelt park across the street.
25 Feb, 2017
- House tired. Rains and rains and shut in.
18 Feb, 2017
- Why did Klahanie delete her account?
11 Feb, 2017
- Warm up finally..not very warm.
29 Jan, 2017
- Like a bomb went off over the home.
20 Jan, 2017