Cold past...so did the rain.
Exactly two weeks now since we had rain. A wet December with 150% of normal rain..a January with 0% of rain. A week ago I meant to take a photo of a local creeks waterfall. Today,its more a steady trickling over the rocks.
Plant wise? Not much to report. Its still too cool for any major growth from tropical’s- heck,even temperate’s are still budding. Chinese fringe is one of the first exotic bloomers, I see Acacia all over town puffing up with soon to be clouds of yellow..but not yet now.
I really like that month of subtropical rain..not cold and plenty of water. Two months of that in one year is asking too much it seems.
- 8 Jan, 2015
- 1 like
Previous post: On the New Year..
Next post: 2014 California's hottest year ever.
Recent posts by stan510
- The last rains of the year?
25 Mar, 2017
- Finally spring is here. 21c Busts out all over.
10 Mar, 2017
- Went for a walk at the local greenbelt park across the street.
25 Feb, 2017
- House tired. Rains and rains and shut in.
18 Feb, 2017
- Why did Klahanie delete her account?
11 Feb, 2017
- Warm up finally..not very warm.
29 Jan, 2017
Members who like this blog
Gardening with friends since
9 Aug, 2009