The Garden Community for Garden Lovers

By Jane888

United Kingdom Gb

Hi, I have an evergreen honeysuckle or jasmine (not sure which) which needs support - I'm looking for the bundle of twigs that I've seen some people use for support - it gives the plant something good to climb through. Does anyone know where you can these from or what type of brush is best to use? Thank you



Are you located in a city or big town? If so, I understand your problem. But if you have some friends in the countryside you could use any type of long woody growth like hazel or willow. Have you thought about taking a look at what people are throwing away as 'garden waste' at the local recycling depot, as often there are masses of woody clippings there that might do.
We are very lucky living in the wild countryside so never being short of such materials!

9 Sep, 2012


Note that very soft woods, such as willow, will rot quickly, and are of use mainly for annual vines, such as peas or Thunbergias.

10 Sep, 2012


Thanks very much for your speedy replies - I'm in the city but I know where I can get some hazel from so will go and forage. Thank you

10 Sep, 2012

How do I say thanks?

Answer question


Not found an answer?