Berkshire, United Kingdom Gb

RHS Level 2 Horticulture course

has anyone done it?

Sorry, no, Gerberavicki - I did the M. Hort one 20 years ago, never took the exams though- too many parts I wasn't interested in, lol (such as capillary drip feed systems in commercial greenhouses, growing maize and other cereal crops, blah blah). Found it very useful otherwise though... Have you already done level 1?

Yes, I've done it. I haven't taken the exams although I have completed all the assignments. I had to put everything on hold as my sister is very ill with cancer.

If I can help in any way, just ask!

Having had a quick look at what things are covered in the courses it seems to cover everything I've been doing for the last 30 years without the need for passing exams.
As will a lot of people who post on here.
So if you get stuck on any topic, I'm sure you'll get any answers you want.

Gerberavicki, I need to say from the outset, I have NOT got an intimate knowledge of everything on the course, but, if you need advice about any administrative aspects, assignments etc, then I would try to be of assistance.

I might have been gardening for years, but I am certainly STILL learning an awful lot of things! :-))

I'm not sure what Level 2 covers - but knowing about the Krebs cycle, for instance, is invaluable. I found the mathematical calculations difficult (not my forte, numbers) and the chemistry side of it was a real struggle for me, but worth every ounce of effort. I don't regret doing the one I did, found a lot of it utterly fascinating, and if you want to work in horticulture, go for it is my advice. I would never have picked up the information in any other way than doing that course. Even though I ignored the parts I wasn't interested in and knew I was never going to need (as in the said crop growing...)

Izzy, so sorry to hear about your sister.