East Sussex, United Kingdom Gb

good morning
can anyone please advise me when the best time to propgate delphinium cuttings please and which is the best way to go about it.

kind thanks

Ive taken them as softwood cuttings in spring when the new growth gets to about 3-4" long. I just nip them off near the base of the parent plant and put them in a pot of compost. Water in and seal in a plastic bag to keep the humidity in. Keep nice and warm and bright.

I would imagine that you could also do the same in summer if you cut the parent plant right back after shoots should appear in a few weeks and these will be your cutting material.

Might be worth trying seed too

thank you for your help as they,v almost finished flowering i,ll take your advise and take cuttings from the new shoots in a few weeks time and see what happens, would you also now how far i should cut them down after flowering . thank you again for all your advise.

I have more success with seeds and root cuttings than actual stem cuttings but above sounds likely to work.

Thank you all for your advise I,ll let you know if they take and will post some pictures . Thank you all. Bye for now