Canada Ca

how can I get a cutting from my weigela to root...thank you

I don't know what the classic way is but when I took a few from a neighbour's bush 4 years ago, I took non-flowering hard-wood spur cuttings and dipped them in hormone rooting powder then left them in a tumbler of rain water, changed about every week, until little roots showed then planted them in pots of 50/50 peat and sharp sand. They all took so it worked for me.

I find its one of the easiest cuttings to grow. I take pieces of non flowering new growth take off 2/3 thirds of the leaves and just put them straight into compost, leave outside and they wont wilt, I dont let them dry out though.

thank you for these tips, I'll try them

Anchorman did a blog on cuttings, including weigela, which I found really helpful. I'm currently trying the pot-in-a-pot method out for my weigela cuttings :)

All I did was stick bits in the soil round the base of the original bush. They all rooted.

I agree, one of the easiest shrubs to propagate from cuttings and one of my favourotes too. Drc has described perfectly and to add, I find right now is the perfect time to take cuttings.

best soil for aloe vera »