Morello Cherry Tree's

By Ceseari

My cherry tree's get attacked every year ,[around this tme of year ,;;; ]by colonies of ants. I've moved them ,,,, carefully, and I've also cleared around the root boul. One is a cutting from the other.The main one is not so bad this year . The cutting, which I put into a large plastic recepticle, has curled leaves where the ants are farming their aphids looks wragged. I've tried greased bandages as well. I have a large garden with a fish pond, several fruit tree's, a selection of evergreens and nice sunshine. Any information on keeping the ants away from them? Thank-you

Seaweed solution as a spray is pretty good. It tastes horrid to pests, as well as being good for plants. Good luck!

Can seaweed solution be bought or have you got to concoct it yourself'? I'm trying to be 100 per cent organic so this would be great for me.

Joanii, nope, got it from the gc! In a bottle, you just mix a small amount with water and I popped it in a new spray bottle. It smells, but works a treat! Once a fortnight would be good!

Cheers Craftnutter!