why don't i get flowers on my peonys

By Carboot

I inherited these plants annnnnd do not know what name or colour they are Thanks for help or advise of what i should dowith them everyyear I await a bloom to no avail waiting in vain

On plant Paeonia lactiflora

When you say you inherited them, do you mean they were dug up and given to you and you replanted them? And if so, how long ago? I'll assume that's what's happened -paeonies loathe being disturbed and will sulk for ages afterwards, that might be why they're not flowering. P. lactiflora is the June flowering one (or about now) - they like sun. Without more info, that's all I can say.

Paeonies dont like deep planting. The thick root stock should have no more than 1 inch of soil on top

Like Bamboo says paeonys like to sulk!!!! They will flower when ready

Agree with Mageth( and all of the above) ...check to make sure that the "eyes" are no more than 2" below the surface of the soil. And don't fertilize!

• Peony Baroness Schroeder(I think!!??!) (Paeonia lactiflora (Peony))
  • Bowl of Beauty Peony.. (Paeonia lactiflora (Peony))
  • Peony "Bowl of Beauty" (Paeonia lactiflora (Peony))
  • Double white peony  (Paeonia lactiflora)