yellowing bamboo

By Kzzzzh

i have two bamboos that have gone overwinter, same plant each about 6ft tall, one is great but the other went all dry and yellow and is struggling to recover, they are both in huge pots, do i just give up and get rid or is it salvageable

i wouldnt i would give it a chance.has an ants nest set up home or perhaps its just root bound and needs repotting.either way id cut the top growth right back and give plenty of water.bamboo is normaly a very tough plant unless it doesnt get enough water

thanks for that, i dont think its root bound but probably water problem, i dont really water it so i will cut it back and keep it well watered

your welcome kzzzzzh

It is likely underwatering as you say and in my local garden centre ( as all garden centres I'm sure ) they put ( the yellow and dry ) bamboo in troughs then fill and allow to soak for days. Apparently you aren't supposed to remove fallen leaves, although it looks untidy I know, this is how the plant will get its nutritian.

thanks adrian all advice welcome x