What is this plant?

By Smiley

West Lothian, United Kingdom Gb

I have two of these plants growing & looking very strong. They were among some cuttings I got last year. Worried it is a weed. I have not got a lot of expierience in identifying plants. Thank you.

These are thalictrum and produce a lovely flower that is light and airy. i have T delavyii which has a purple flower.

Thank you for your prompt reply Seaburngirl. I looked up Google images on your answer & it does look pretty when in flower. It reminds me in the pictures of an Astilbe looking plant. Once again, thanks.

Oh, lucky you. A lovely plant and I love the foliage on that one.

Welcome to GOY too. :o)

Yup welcome Smiley - nice plant to have... we have one of the wee'er ones!

An excellent plant and one to flummox the neighbours! Very trendy at Chelsea too!

What a tremedously friendly site. Observers may have noticed my Cornus Grace in the pic. under Garden Pictures tab (upper left) that I perhaps cut back a little too much. Anyway, it appears to be making a remarkable recovery no thanks to me. The wind last year had wrecked it. Fantastic site!!

I will upload some pictures of my garden when it has come on a little more in perhaps a month. I am still getting into gardening & do not want to overplant shrub area's. Still looks a little sparse & will for several years. Thank you for all the responses.

Plant temporary things ( annuals) around shrubs until they grow. Also underplant with small shade lovers (primroses etc).

Hi Smiley, I am not sure if you are aware of a Suntrap which has an open day on 23rd May. It is open every day and you can pop in and get advice from the gardeners or volunteers who man the place. It also runs lots of courses for amateurs. See the details on their website.