By Pagan

North Yorkshire, United Kingdom Gb

The petarls ae dropping of my red poppies. When should I cut the seed pods tp harvest them for planting in another part of the garden and when can they be sown. Thnxs.

Don't cut the heads off until they have started to dry out and the top "lid" bit has started to come off, then store in a brown paper bag until next year x I think you can sow indoors from March? Someone more knowledgeable than me should be here soon to keep you right, and expand on storing seeds the best way to ensure success x my hubby chucked out my stored seeds from last year :( x

All of my poppies are a result of self seeding!

I look out for them early in the season and move them with a good rootball to where I want them to flower!

If growing them from seed sow towards the back end of March.

See here;

This how to collect seeds;

I think next year when I have my soil in better nick I will have better success with self seedlings, only thing to come back here this year is foxgloves and what I think is evening primrose..... Can't wait til I get nice surprises and not just bitter cress and dandelions :)