By Scotkat

Angus, Scotland Sco

For anyone who never saw the torch today

Enjoy it in Forfar

Got a chance to see it with my grandson in Banchory yesterday. It was fun. The police were in exceptionally good spirits, giving royal waves as they passed on motorbikes and being kind to the occasional trespassing motorist.

I am still totally disappointed that from Inverness the torch went to Aviemore/Grantown/Tomintoul and then down Deeside. The majority of the population between Inverness and Aberdeen is on the coast - we got bupkiss! I can only assume it went the route it did as it is 'royal' Deeside - because there certainly aren't the towns and cities to justify this! In ireland they weaved their way via almost every little hamlet yet the whole expanse of the NE of Scotland has been ignored... Really disappointed - which is why we went off to Mull!

What a shame MG and Wilma the bobbies were in great from with everyone it really was a happy occasion.

I saw it in Southport, and the police really enjoyed themselves, getting huge cheers from all. What a fantastic parade it was! Even more exciting than I expected it to be!

It's down here tomorrow!!!

We got the time wrong and arrived just as everyone was going home. Duh...

That's a shame Steragram.