I recently came across a cluster of wild plants growing in a very wet soil in S.E. Cornwall. Can anyone please help me to identify them?

By Awesome

Cornwall, United Kingdom Gb

Covering an area of about 50 square metres in a very boggy woodland, these plants have huge leaves (largest about 600mm/24in) shaped like giant cos lettuce leaves growing from the ground. Several plants had stocky, poker-like stems eminating from the centre origin of the leaves with a pointed cluster on the end which will obviously become a flower. Photographs attached were taken with mobile phone so of poor quality - my apologies.

Possibly one of the candelabra primulas that escaped from a nearby garden

That would be my guess too Andrew the candelabra primulas love very moist ground... Oh and pix. quality is fine Awesome

Many thanks Andrewr and Moon grower. I think you are right. Following link has picture showing exactly same leaves. I will revisit the plants in a few weeks time and check on developements. Thanks again to both.

PS really impressed with rapid response to my question.

Take another pix or 3 when you got back and put up in a blog for us to see please