Charente, France Fr

Plant ID please?

Hi everyone, I bought a plant from a stall this moring and I don't know what it is. Can anyone help?

There were two, but I've identified the it's the lovely pale lilac flower in the second photo.

P5280053 P5280069

I know its there in the back of my brain - and I am still searching. The name "flax" comes to mind but I don't know which one. Will keep trying.

Thanks Cammomile...when I got home I had already forgotten as I got quite a few plants - but Linaria kept coming into my mind, which is toad flax...

But I can't find any toad flax which looks anything like this...

No I don't think its that. I had one of these a couple of summers ago in a big pot and it was lovely but still cannot remember the name!

Not linaria which as you say is a toadflax. But try Linum, which is flax. The flowers of the two are quite different and yours could be the second one.

The first photo is a Diascia, the second is a Laurentia axillaris :o)

By God, you've got it P!!

...I knew it began with an 'L'...:)))

...but the first is not Diascia, but, Torenia (I remembered the name a while after I got home! lol!)

Thats good, not seen a Torenia that colour before, the leaf and flower looked like a Diascia i'll have to have a google :o)

They had it in red, pink, white and this - which she calls "coral", P

The second one is Laurentia I think give it a google

Thanks, Dido - that's just what it is :)