The Garden Community for Garden Lovers

By Sandyg

United States Us

I have a spider plant and when I water it tiny black insects fly up out of the soil.......they have also been flying around the studio......what are they and what do I do to get rid of them



Fungus gnats otherwise known as Sciarid flies. there are insecticides sold for the purpose of getting rid of these things.

11 May, 2012


thank you......I will investigate the insecticides......right now decided to place it outdoors and see what the sun and rain will do........

11 May, 2012

How do I say thanks?

Answer question


Not found an answer?