hi i have a lolandi headge in my garden and i have cut to much off it,it now looks horrid from above and has only green leaves on the front the back has no green on it at all, please tell me it will grow again , or should i get rid of it, thank you very

bedfordshire, United Kingdom Gb

please answer asap

Hi Fg,
Leylandii are a plague really unless you have the time and energy to trim them very regularly. I don't believe it will grow back where you have trimmed now, and lots of people have this problem. Obviously it's up to you, but I'd say get rid of it and replace with a more attractive, easier-to-control hedge. You can have a lovely time choosing what sort you'd like, or a good traditional mixed hedge with plenty of berries for our birdy friends.

Fraid not, they will not shoot from brown wood, only green.

R.I.P. Leylandii hedge. However, Weeding is right, you can plant something much nicer and easier to keep neat.

Get rid of it, I wish more people would!!

Nothing will kill them!! We cut ours right back to almost bare trunks, and down to half size. Now - some years later they are massive again. It's us or them, they have to go completely