Carmarthenshire, United Kingdom
Advice please...... I'm considering putting in a laurel hedge (or possibly Red Robin?) which will be about 50 metres long - so, being really mean, I thought that I would try to take cuttings from the cherry laurels and photinas already in the garden ... what do think, is this possible now?? My questions are:
1. when should I do it (I live in coastal Carmarthenshire)
2. how should I do it (I do have a large but unheated greenhouse)
3. can I mix the two (laurel and red robin) in the same hedge.
4. how long would it take to make a decent 4' height
5. is anybody taking out a laurel hedge!!!! or know of a cheap source?
As always, grateful for any advice.....
- 4 Apr, 2012