By Borica

West Midlands, United Kingdom Gb

Why have my Iris Sibirica given up flowering? Conflicting advice in books. Any hints appreciated. They are in clay pots.

Did you, by any chance, split the clump last year? I ask because mine sulked for 2 seasons after I split them.

but they wont be in flower yet, isnt it a bit early? I split mine last year after they flowered in May. So I hope they flower.

Iris sibirica is a bit big for growing in pots, unless they are big pots. They are greedy plants and need both a lot of feeding and a reasonable amount of water. I am wondering if you mean sibirica and not another Iris?

Many thanks for tips. They didn't flower last two years! I have since split them. They are in large pots and I will feed and water them well and hope they flower this year. I shall include photo if they do. Again many thanks.

« where can i buy some 0-20-20 fertilizer