By Oxo

South Yorkshire, United Kingdom Gb

Crassula ovata Jade plant, Money plant
can they be grown out doors, and tips
its 4years old and been grown from twig in the kitchen window

No, you can't grow these outside. You can stand it outside in high summer if its warm, but best kept indoors.

thanks for that, it was just a thought as i have a spare place in my small garden which i though the plant would look great in

Perfect excuse to buy an outdoor plant then!

If you want to make it more bushy,Oxo,it won't harm it at all ,to trim it back in spring..unless you want it to grow more tree like..I noticed lots of new growth at the bottom and on he looks like it is a healthy plant..As Bamboo rightly says,definitely an indoor plant,but fresh air in summer will be good for it..I leave mine out quite a lot,weather permitting..but it will enjoy the odd light shower as well..they do get a bit dusty...Tough as old boots really..and don't mind a cold position at this time of year. ..mine lives in a in summer,cold (unheated) in problem..