North Yorkshire, United Kingdom Gb

Another weedy question - I have what I think is a weed growing up my wall and in various cracks in paving stones etc. - the flowers look like a campanula. i see a lot of this around here in yorkshire - i never recall seeing it back home on the north west coast though. i've added a picture, but this isn't mine i got the picture from the internet (unfortunately it wasn't named) does anyone know what this is and whether it's as rampant as it looks like it might be?

This looks like campanula poscharskyana which spreads vigorously by underground runners

thank you - it seems vigorous - it's been growing strongly all winter

It's one of those plants that seems to 'adopt' your garden. If it is happy it will spread and you will always have it. I have, but luckily I like it. The flowers are profuse and a very pleasing blue.

I have it on my slope and steps. It self seeds around but is easy to weed out. I think the photo is pretty.

the photo is lovely - i'm glad i know what it is now, i'll let it stay :)

I would let it stay too, it's very pretty!

It wanders around our garden too, when it gets too big for its boots we simply remove some of it - which is very easy to do as it is shallow rooted.

It is indeed vigorous but lovely. That is a great photo and I would not be wanting to get rid of it altogether. Just pull some of it out by hand now and you will still have a display in summer.

I'd lill for such a lovely set of steps with beautiful campanula growing in them

• Sedum    " Purple Emperor"
  • Lavender  (Lavandula stoechas (French lavender))
  • Spring-flowering heathers at the entrance to a local park.
  • Plant of the day - Arabis alpina caucasia "snowcap" rockcress (Arabis alpina caucasia "snowcap")