Spain Es

We live in the Carnay Islands and are having a new patio put in off the house, need idea to take off the hardness of the tiles can you give us idea's and phot's please as
plant can be hard to grow here

Suggest - Rosemary, lavender, thyme varieties, other mediterraneum scented herb plants, some of the smaller (up to 1m) colourful phormium, iris, nepeta, agapanthus.

Are you trying to soften the edge of the roof tiles, or change the appearance of a tile floor to the patio, Birdof paradise?

Where in the Canaries are you?
And am I right in thinking that the soil is quite acid?

Three that spring to mind are Echium (no photo), Lotus berthlotii ( ) for ground cover, and Isoplexis canariensis ( ).

Clearly Bird of Paradise does well there.

Two more that may do well - Digitalis lanata

......and Digitalis parviflora

.........but only with some added moisture retentive material if you suffer low rainfall.

Salvia discolor is pretty drought tolerant...........

If you can find them, how about Anigozanthus manglesii, which should be drought tolerant once established.

Just remembered that Rare Plants relocated to the Canaries..............

Well worth a look!

I agree, Meanie. is the address I use, and since they have a section on plants native to the Canaries, they should be easier to grow.