I seeded a new lawn just over a week ago and it seems to be doing well and germinating nicely. However over the last day a number of leaves have fallen onto the lawn area and are unreachable without walking on the new growth. I'm concerned about watering the garden and soaking the leaves in case they become too wet and cover over and seeds that are yet to germinate. What should I do?

Ah, yes, that can be a problem at this time of year. A leaf blower's the answer, but you probably don't have one. The leaves cannot be left to lie on the new grass, they must be removed, so a deft, gentle and light touch with a plastic lawn rake seems to be your best option.

I do have a blower. The problem is the area is so large that neither the blower or a plastic rake will reach into the middle of the lawn. Should I continue to water this even though I risk soaking the leave which could get to soggy to blow away in a wind?

My advice is to walk lightly to a point where you can blow the leaves off before they get wet and soggy, that's what I'd do - having soggy, rotting leaves on top of new, just germinated grass is worse than risking stepping onto it carefully.

Thanks I'll do that