Dorset, United Kingdom Gb

What do you people think is best for watering indoor plants, tap water or filtered water ? I have separate tap in my kitchen with a filter attached, so I don't mean from a filter jug. Thanks, Dave.

Unless you have a lot of lime in your tap water, and you,re growing acid loving house plants, then ordinary tap water is fine.

I used a water filter to water my plants when i had one last year and i agreed with Derekm.... I can't say that i noticed any difference.

But different areas have different water qualities and if you have the option of removing some of the impurities and chlorine in the tap water, then personally i would feel better about using a filter.

I use tap water even on the orchids.
The only plant that I use rainwater on is my Tibouchina as tap water affects the leaves.

May make a difference with some plants if you have hard or soft water - but I've lived with both and not noticed any. I would think tap water might have more minerals than filtered?

Here in the desert, where the water is very hard and salty, a reverse osmosis filter makes a big difference. Standard charcoal filters make little or no difference.

• Amaryllis
  • Ferns in the Loft
  • African Violet
  • Pelargonium........ (pelargonium.)