The Garden Community for Garden Lovers

By Ellstj8

United States Us

My Pom is 12# and loves green and blue berries off he salal shrub. Are they poisonous?? Any long lasting effects? I cannot seem to stop her from eating it. Loves all berries that she can reach. need answers ASAP PLEASE

Worried salalless.



No the berries from this particular shrub, Gaultheria shallon, are not poisonous but it would be wise to train your dog not to eat any berries as many of them are.

20 Aug, 2011


No as birds eat the berries and you can make jelly from them to. But lots of things in gardens may be poisonous so best to teach your dog not to eat as MG says

20 Aug, 2011

How do I say thanks?

Answer question


Not found an answer?