By Howee74

anybody know what these are?

19052011191 23062011209

First one looks like Platycodon, second one I don't know.

Aha yes! Planted that two years ago, thought it was dead - now theres three of them ! Thanks for jogging my memory....

Agree with first one too.

Second looks remarkably like Thunbergia elata? I can even see the alate leaf stalks! Unusual if that came through a winter though???

i had that in last year, though in a different place - might it have seeded?

Wouldn't have thought so but hey, stranger things have happened?

Its started to flower so the mystery's solved. Its Salvia Cambridge Blue that i put in last year and thought had died. I really should start putting labels in or something.....

Aha! An answer. I was completely fooled by the leaves. Very, very similar though even if I do say so myself.

Good that it survived though as Salvia patens is not too hardy and the fleshy roots can rot in winter so it has done very well.

yes i'm chuffed, its one of my favourite flowers. i'd already replaced it with a similar variety in the same spot so now i'll have more than i know what to do with....

« please can anyone ID this plant