I have Forsythia that is about 15 years old, I keep it cut back every year, but this year one of the branches has produced a strange growth. Basically it appears to be a Palm or Yuca type leaf with the Forsythia leaves growing out of it. I do have a couple of Palms growing about 25 foot away and it looks for all the word as if a slightly less robust leaf from one of them has been grafted onto the Forsythia. Any suggestions as to what has happened please
Best regards

Chris Edwards
07990 812108

Dscn0682 Dscn0683 Dscn0684

This is a form of growth called fasciation. I don't think anyone quite knows what causes it. It won't harm your shrub but if it was mine, I'd cut the offending growth out

totally agree with andrewr's diagnosis and 'treatment'.

I would also suggest you remove your phone number and e-mail address from your question. We have no way of knowing who is on this site.

Do you think they are expecting us to contact them with the answer?

Thanks for all the replies, Moon growe thanks for the tip, I wasn't sure how the site worked if I can work out how I'll take my details off. nce again thanks to everyone

Welcome to Goy Chrise

Just go in and edit your question Chris