I bought an almond tree (prunus dulcis) in mid May. It had no leaves but I thought I would try and save it. I watered and fed it, as recommended. Two weeks later (30th May) it still has no leaves or new buds but, if I cut through a side shoot it is green and alive inside. Question. Does anyone think it might survive or will lack of photosynthesis kill it ?

Lack of photosynthesis won't kill it, but it may already be dying. All you can do is keep it well watered and keep your fingers crossed...

Thanks Bamboo.

Lately, I have been having success in sprouting "stubborn" bare root trees by watering them with a solution of 1 tablespoon of white sugar, 1 teaspoon of seaweed extract, mixed in 1 gallon of water. Mix up a gallon for every 2 feet of height of the tree. Also make sure the tree isn't planted too deep, and that it is getting watered deeply enough.

Thanks Tugbrethil

« Can I eat the tops off raddishes