By Joycey

Lincolnshire, United Kingdom Gb

why is my palm going yellow on the leaves?

On plant torbay palm?

What kind of palm, in a pot or the ground, and how long have you had it?

hi i think its a torbay palm? had it two years maybe had it wrapped in bubble wrap all winter helped save it i think? others all died because i am near coast too. going paler by the day not me the palm!

Cordyline australis then - check the trunk from top to bottom - you're looking for soft or soggy, or blackened areas. You may find the tops are the only bit like that, but also may find parts low down, even near the base, which are like it. Wherever the lowest one is, cut the trunk below that point - should shoot from the roots or up any remaining trunk once you've cut it down.

Thanks it's only one that didn't freeze. I have or had a lovely big new Zealand flax that was almost but not quite killedin snows, it's got a few straggly new leaves , I have trimmed off some of top growth that had fallen down, it used to be about nine ft tall with up to nine flower spikes. Should I cut all old leaves off? It is trying to grow. I had trimmed old stuff to about two feet.

I'd trim off anything that's damaged, discolored or dying, leaving just healthy leaves behind.